The International Epidemiological Association now has more than 1000 members in over 100 different countries who follow the aims of the Association to facilitate communication amongst those engaged in research and teaching of epidemiology throughout the world, and to encourage its use in all fields of health including social, community and preventative medicine. These aims are achieved by holding scientific meetings and seminars, by publication of journals, reports, monographs, translations of books, by contact amongst members and by other activities consistent with these aims. Members are accepted without regard to race, religion, sex, political affiliation or country of origin.
In addition to getting special rates for the World Congress of Epidemiology these are more reasons why to join the IEA:
- Belong to the oldest, and only truly international professional organization of epidemiologists.
- Interact with more than 2000 professionals from over 100 countries who work on a broad range of substantive and methodological areas in epidemiology and public health.
- Network with colleagues, regionally and internationally.
- Access the International Journal of Epidemiology (IJE) online.
- Benefit from reduced registration fees at IEA global and regional meetings and activities.
- Contribute to the evolution of epidemiology via the IEA’s discussions of practice boundaries, peer review, professional conduct, ethics, and other matters of importance to the field.
- Assist epidemiologists from developing countries by donating a portion of your membership fee.
- Provide opportunities for graduate students to develop projects focusing on health inequalities in under-privileged and remote populations.
- Grow your career with other Early Career Epidemiologists through programs specifically tailored to your needs.