When will registration open?
Registration will open on 20 November 2023
Is WCE2024 going to have a virtual registration?
How will I know which registration fee applies to me?
We are using a multi-tired fee system and dependent on IEA membership status (member versus non-member) and country of origin (low- and middle-income versus high income) classified according to the WB criteria.
What is included in the registration fee?
The registration fee includes:
- In-person access to all conference sessions, symposia sessions, poster sessions and exhibition
- Welcome reception and tea breaks
Are there financial assistance programmes to attend WCE2024?
There are currently 100 registration bursaries (complimentary conference registration) available for LMIC delegates with accepted abstracts. We are also in the process of organising regional/country-specific scholarships, with further details to be announced in due course. Subscribe to our mailing list and follow our social media channels to ensure you get the announcement as numbers are limited.
How can I apply for financial assistance to attend WCE2024?
The application must be submitted as part of the abstract submission process through the abstract portal. Applications are only available for the fast track and general abstract submissions and not for the late-breaking abstract submissions.
What are the requirements?
- Applicants must be actively involved in the field of epidemiology or a related discipline.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract for consideration.
- A letter of recommendation from a supervisor, mentor, or head of department is required.
- Recipients must be the presenting author of an accepted abstract and commit to fully participating in the whole conference.
- Priority will be given to applicants from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
What is the selection criteria?
- They awarded based on the quality of the abstract, application and letter of recommendation.
- The selection process will consider the potential impact of the applicant’s work on public health and epidemiological research.
* The number of bursaries awarded and the amount of financial support will be determined based on available funds and the overall merit of the applications.
What are the abstract submission deadlines?
- Fast track submission deadline is 1 December 2023.
- General submission deadline is 16 February 2024.
- Late breaker submission deadline is 1 May 2024.
How can I update information on my abstract?
If you need to amend your submitted abstract (before the relevant deadline), kindly contact Stacey at: email@example.com
I am having trouble submitting my abstract, who can I contact?
Please contact Stacey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How many abstracts can I submit?
Will the abstracts be presented orally or on a poster?
Travel and Visa
Do I need a visa to travel to South Africa?
Some countries do require a visa to travel to South Africa and travellers must produce a valid visa before entry. A visa will be issued for a visit for tourism or business purposes. Some countries are exempted from visa control, which means that citizens from those countries do not need a visa to visit South Africa. Countries exempt from visas can be found here.
Please visit the Department of Home Affairs website for the most up to date entry and exit requirements.
How do I get a letter of invitation?
Will there be workshops?
Who can exhibit at WCE2024
Who can host a symposium/satellite at WCE2024?
When will the satellite sessions take place?
Please view the programme at a glance for provisional satellite symposia dates and times. These dates and times are subject to change.