All registrations for WCE2024 must be submitted through the online registration form.
Please note that it remains the delegate’s duty to research visa prerequisites for South Africa and, if deemed necessary, proceed with a visa application. Delegates are strongly encouraged to initiate their visa application at the earliest convenience. For further details, we invite you to explore our Immigration page in the Travel section.
|Early Bird Registration||15 November 2023||12 April 2024|
|Standard Registration||12 April 2024||31 August 2024|
|Late Registration||01 September 2024||17 September 2024|
In order to promote greater inclusion in the conference, the IEA has revised the registration fees to enhance accessibility. The conference features a multi-tiered fee system, with reduced registration costs available to IEA members, delegates from countries classified as lower-middle-income and low-income (according to World Bank criteria), as well as students and postdoctoral researchers.
|LMIC – Students Early Bird||$300|
|LMIC – Students Regular||$450|
|LMIC – Students Onsite||$650|
|LMIC – Member Rate Early Bird||$450|
|LMIC – Member Rate Regular||$550|
|LMIC – Member Rate Onsite||$700|
|LMIC – Non-Member Rate Early Bird||$550|
|LMIC – Non-Member Rate Regular||$650|
|LMIC – Non-Member Rate Onsite||$800|
* USD amounts are given for international reference, payment will be made in South African Rands
|HIC – Students Early Bird||$400|
|HIC – Students Regular||$550|
|HIC – Students Onsite||$750|
|HIC – Member Early Bird||$600|
|HIC – Member Regular||$700|
|HIC – Member Onsite||$850|
|HIC – Non-Member Early Bird||$750|
|HIC – Non-Member Regular||$850|
|HIC – Non-Member Rate Onsite||$1 000|
*USD amounts are given for international reference, payment will be made in South African Rands
- To be able to register as a Student or Postdoctoral researcher, individuals must present proof of full-time enrollment at a recognised university or college at both the time of registration and during WCE2024.
- A day pass offers one-day access to all in-person conference sessions. These passes can only be obtained on-site and will be priced at 50% of the full conference registration fee.
Financial assistance programmes
There are currently 100 registration bursaries (complimentary conference registration) available for LMIC delegates with accepted abstracts. We are also in the process of organising regional/country-specific scholarships, with further details to be announced in due course. Subscribe to our mailing list and follow our social media channels to ensure you get the announcement as numbers are limited.
The application must be submitted as part of the abstract submission process through the abstract portal. Applications are only available for the fast track and general abstract submissions and not for the late-breaking abstract submissions.
What are the requirements?
- Applicants must be actively involved in the field of epidemiology or a related discipline.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract for consideration.
- A letter of recommendation from a supervisor, mentor, or head of department is required.
- Recipients must be the presenting author of an accepted abstract and commit to fully participating in the whole conference.
- Priority will be given to applicants from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
The recommendation letter should include:
- The supervisor/ mentor or head of department’s full name, degree, title, and current academic affiliation.
- Confirmation that the person providing the letter is the supervisor, mentor or head of department of the applicant.
- The length of time that they have worked with the applicant.
- The applicant’s academic background: current position and title, highest level of education (eg, doctoral, master’s, or bachelor’s degree), and year(s) and from what institution(s) the applicant received their degree(s). If the applicant is an undergraduate student, include the year and institution the applicant will receive their bachelor’s degree.
- Confirmation that the applicant meets the award requirements:
- The applicant is actively involved in the field of epidemiology or a related discipline.
- The applicant is the presenting author of an abstract submitted to the conference
- The applicant plans to participate in the entire conference.
- A summary of the applicant’s qualifications and research prospects in a brief statement of recommendation
If you need a visa invitation letter, please select the option “Send Letter of Invitation” when completing the WCE2024 registration form. Alternatively you can reach out to the WCE2024 Registration Manager for assistance.
Registration Terms and conditions
- All participants are required to complete their registrations and applications online. By submitting the Conference registration form, the delegate acknowledges their acceptance of the Terms and Conditions outlined herein. Please note that the registration is considered confirmed only upon receipt of the full registration fee by the Conference Secretariat
- Access to attendance at the WCE 2024 will only be confirmed on receipt of payment. Payment is due prior to the start of the conference.
- All early-bird fees must be paid by the closing date of the early-bird time period (23:59 SAST 12 April 2024). Failure to pay the early-bird fee by such date will result in the delegate registration being converted to the Regular Registration and will be liable for the regular registration fees.
- You will have the option to pay immediately via a secure online payment gateway via Credit card. Alternatively, an invoice with the conference bank details will be emailed to you within 72 hours of your completed registration.
- Receipts will only be issued once proof of payment has been received and identified in the conference bank account. Proof of payment is to be emailed to Sarusha Padayachee – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that all payments make clear reference to the delegate being paid for, with their unique Registration ID number: (Surname, Reg ID number). Failure to do so could result in your payment not being identified in the bank account and therefore not being receipted.
- Registrations are transferable to delegates, within the same rate category, who have not yet registered. Delegates attending from countries outside South Africa are requested to make payment in South African Rands (ZAR) and are responsible for covering the full bank charges. The full delegate registration fee amount invoiced must appear in the Congress bank account. Should this not be the case, the delegate will need to pay the difference in cash on site before being allowed to participate in the event.
Cancellations of Registrations
On completion of this application, you will be liable for the full amount of the registration fees subject to the cancellation conditions below:
All cancellations must be received in writing by the Congress Secretariat – email@example.com.
- Cancellations received on or before 12 April 2024 will receive a full refund, less a R500 administration fee.
- Cancellation received between 13 April 2024 and 31 July 2024 (17:00 GMT +2) will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellation received after 31 July 2024 (17:00 GMT +2).
- Any registrations received after 31 July 2024 will not be entitled to any refund or credit, and such person will be liable for the full registration fee as above.
Participant information may be shared with South African immigration authorities to facilitate the immigration process. Please note that the Conference Secretariat will not engage with embassies and consulates directly on behalf of delegates.
Currency on Site
Photographs and Recording
The Organizer shall possess the intellectual property rights to the photographs and recordings taken during the Conference and reserves the right to utilize them for educational and/or marketing purposes.